Thursday, October 7, 2010

Glee, Season 2 Episode 3 "Grilled Cheesus"

Glee's back to it's normal non-tribute-y glorious self. Awesome story, and awesome songs.

Story line - Kurt is acting out like a typical teenager brat, and then his dad has a heart attack. Or rather, suffers an arrhythmia that puts him in a coma. Now, I know I'm not the best medical student, but I don't think that's possible. Just saying. I never heard of Vtach causing coma. Or Afib causing coma. It usually goes straight to DEATH, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, digression aside, it was pretty touching - from Mercedes' TWO solos, to Kurt's stripped down and gorgeous Beatles' cover - I found myself reaching for the kleenex more than once.

In story line comic relief, Finn burns a grilled cheese and discovers the face of Jesus (hence the title), and his prayers start coming true - from touching Rachel's side boob to becoming quarterback again (admittedly at Sam's shoulder's expense).

Songs were interesting:
1. REM - Losing My religion
2. Barbara Streisand - Papa, Can You Hear Me? (I know people loved this one, but I thought it was just out of place...singing in a field?? Really? Sure, it was very lovely, but it just seemed too Broadway for me. Maybe it's because of Lea Michele's scrunched up face - Amy, I can't help but see it all the time now!!)
3. Joan Osborne - One of Us (loved it!)
4. Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
5. Whitney Houston - I Look to You
6. Beatles - I Wanna Hold Your Hand
7. Billy Joel - Only the Good Die Young

So many songs! But still lots of really good storyline! Love it.

Next week - Mike Chang sings!! Or does he?

No comments:

Post a Comment