Sunday, January 30, 2011

Community Episode 13

So Community is a hilarious show I have newly added to my comedy line-up.
During the winter TV hiatus, I just had too many hours of idle non-zombie-inducing TV time. I was seriously itching like a cocaine addict until I caught the amazing-ness of Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas. It was the final episode before break that featured the characters as stop-motion! So cool! From then on, I was hooked. While Cougartown put up a good fight, I ended up going on a two season Community tv marathon and subsequent "I love Community" twitter binge over the holidays.

For those of you who don't know, Community is a show about a bunch of misfits who formed a study group at a community college. For anyone who loves shows that are quirky, dorky, a little meta, and heavy into pop culture references, Community is the show for you. Watch it! It needs viewers!

Enough plug, onto the recap ...
Community Episode 13 "Celebrity Pharmacology"

The whole gang is recruited to put on a nonsensical "don't do drugs" play for little grade school kiddies when Pierce (Chevy Chase), while playing marijuana, decides to work out all his childhood trauma of being unloved by his father by making all the middle-graders love him. Who comes to save the day? Chang (Ken Jeong). Not to give it all away but you have to watch just so you can see Ken Jeong get mobbed by angry 12 year olds.

While I loved the episode, I think for newcomers, the episode to watch would be "Modern Warfare." (I was lying when I said I was done with plugging the show). For anyone who's watch any Asian action film, this is the most amazing half-hour spoof you'll ever see (see the promo below). There are references to practically every action/post-apocalypse survival movie known to mankind and also ... Glee!



Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment